POETRY IN GREY

Sunday, August 23, 2015


Midi dresses have been extremely popular the past year. But unfortunately, I don't have a very curvy body to show off this look. But a part of me still really love the chic and simple styling of it. So when we decided to stock a midi dress style on http://www.cremedelafame.com . I decided to give this look a go.

Only a few have the perfect proportioned body, and I'm definitely not one of them. & as simply the midi dress is, when worn on certain body types it can easily accentuate the flaws. For me, I don't have too much of a width in my hips. Hence wearing body con one piece dresses like this, it can make my torso look extremely long and in result making my legs look short :/

So to avoid that, I threw on a knit kimono and also took advantage of my cross body bag. It helps break up the lines and immediately draw the eyes / attention away from the hip area.

For shoes, I think in my case especially, keeping it simply / clean was definitely the key. If I wore heavier or more elaborate shoes, it will bring immediate focus on the feet and will section the foot from the leg and then the dress. Making my legs look shorter than it needs to. By wearing simple clean shoes, I can keep the bottom half of me viewed as one line with least breaks as possible.

For accessories, I kept it minimal since this was more a day time look. But I do like playing with cute glasses and this one I found via ZEROUV will def be on my rotation now.

Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend and ready for Monday ;)
See you next post ~!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe