Beauty Blog: VOLUMINOUS EDITION

Monday, September 05, 2011

How was everyone's Labor Day weekend?? Hope everyone had a good rest and is fully recharged to head back to work ;) I spent Friday, Saturday, & Sunday with friends. Then kept Monday to myself so I can sleep off my exhaustion and get back to work with no complaints ~ :P

I didn't get a chance to take that many pictures over the weekend. But I did stock up on some beauty/skincare products and thought I'd share it here with peepz ~ Since It has been a while since my last beauty blog. Hope you likes! ;)

Today's intro: Mascara

Mascara - (from left to right) Maybeline's The Falsies & CoverGirl Lash Blast
Sadly, I'm not one of those girls who have naturally long voluminous  lashes. So I definitely need the help of good mascaras to give me a decent effect. Although most of the time I do use fake lashes to give it an even more dramatic look, on some days when I don't use them, the above 2 Mascara is currently my fav. 

I used to be a sucker for expensive mascaras, and usually used Lancome, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani etc. to name a few. But then by chance I learned, all these more pricey brands are actually owned by the same company as L'oreal, Covergirl, Maybelline etc. So I went ahead and gave these brands and found that their effect is no less, if not better, than the more "fancy" brands. 

The difference between the 2 Mascaras:
CoverGirl Lash Blast: I lllooovvveee the brush. It makes the mascara go on very evenly. No clumps/lumps. & the brush works great on lower lashes as well. 
Maybeline The Falsies: this one is water proof. I find it a little more sticky than the Lash Blast. But it gives me more definition. & Like using this one after I've applied the Last Blast to give it even more volume.

TIP: Always change your mascara every 3 months to get the best effect. Usually by then, esp if you use it everyday, the opening of the cap will make the contents dry up. If you continue to use for too long, usually it'll become more chunky looking when applied ~ 

Give it a try if you ever get the chance ~
 
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/GL4M


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe