Breakfast DelightsTuesday, May 25, 2010
Being back in the US meant more options when grocery shopping. In Shanghai, even the supermarket for foreigners held a very limited of options. & Honestly, after a while you give up the whole idea of cooking entirely.
Most ppl usually don't expect me to like cooking. & even Mr. Rowe didn't expect me to cook. But honestly, as cheesy and the saying may be: Don't judge the book by it's cover. right?
So I'm back to enjoying my little time in the kitchen. Started with the light stuff first. Warm up a bit ;)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, fry the 4 slices of ham on each side.
- Fill a large saucepan with about 3 inches water, and bring to a simmer. Pour in the vinegar. Carefully break the 4 eggs into the water, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until whites are set but yolks are still soft. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, heat the 2 tablespoon of Creamy Alfredo Sauce in a small pan or in the microwave. Add in the 2 teaspoon of Milk.
- Place open toast or English muffins onto serving plates. Top with slices of ham and 1 poached egg. Drizzle with the cream sauce,and sprinkle lemon pepper on the top. Then serve at once.
- Break egg yolk into a wide bowl; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.
- Over medium-low heat, heat pan coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.
- Coat the bread slices with egg mix, one at a time, let it soak up the egg mix evenly on both sides.
- Place bread slice in the pan, heating slowly until it's golden brown. Then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Serve French toast with syrup and slices of Banana or any choice of fruit you favor ~
- Use "I can't believe its not Butter" instead of real butter.
- Sara Lee's Delightful Bread. 1 slice is only 45 Calories instead of regular bread.
- Low fat milk or Soy milk instead of regular milk.
- Splendid instead of regular Sugar.
- Low fat ham instead of bacon or regular ham.