Beauty Blog: The Windows to our SoulFriday, November 27, 2009
So its Saturday, & I was thinking, since Saturdays are quite chilled and relaxed for me. Imma use this day as the day I do my beauty blog ... Yes .. I know .. I've been a big lazy arse and been putting my beauty blogs off for a long time .. But I can't help it! I pretty much manage a dozen of sites (Including my dad's website ebankon.com). So by the end of the day I really couldn't be bothered to blog .. :P
Ok stop the blabbing and here goes ~~
So as I aged .. Yes. Dun want to admit it. But so damn true. I do, and am in fact, aging ...
I realized one of the most important skincare a girl (or I guess "woman") needs is: A good eye cream ... As well as other last minute remedies to make 'em black circles, eye bags, or simply ANY signs of aging fade away!
Because honey, if those eyes are sagging .. Trust me. It ain't pretty. & worst of all it adds like an extra 5 yrs to ur face.
So below are some basic eye care 101, as well as products and do-at-home remedies which I find very effective :)
- The very basic, as some of you might think "duh!", but I know SOOO many of you who ain't doing it (I myself for one is often guilty as charged) .. is: GET ENUF SLEEP! & I dun mean go to sleep in am hrs after staying up. The best hr to go to sleep and replenish ur body (& soul) is clinically proven at the hrs between 11pm - 2am. Thats when ur body revitalize itself best.
- 1 do-at-home care that I find quite soothing and useful is using herbal tea bags or green tea bags soak in warm water for awhile and then let them sit on your eyes for 10-15 minutes a few times a week .. It helps reduce the puffiness of those eyes ;) .. Sometimes I like to put the tea bags in the fridge so they are ice cold. either or is a good way to wake 'em eyes up!
- Another do-at-home last minute SOS is if your eyes are REALLY puffy ... in the morning and you want to take down some of the swelling, leave table spoons in the freezer over night and when you wake up put the backs of the spoons onto your eyes and underneath them .. of course thats the ghetto way .. u can also go out and purchase those eye masks purposely made for that i.e. like this one:
- For choice of eye cream, after testing out quite a few, I have to go with: Clarins' Advanced Extra-Firming Ee Contour Serum/Cream. One for day and one for night.
Application: It is best to use your ring finger (4th finger) and apply with a light tapping motion from the inner eye corner to the outter eye corner.
Why 4th finger? becuz it is weaker in strength compared to ur other fingers thus you won't over "tap" it :P
- & the last product I recommend is Chanel's Precision Ultra Correction Total Eye Revitalizer
alright .. thats my beauty blog for the week ~ Have a great weekend!