The Enchanted Doll

Sunday, September 13, 2009

By chance I came upon these original ball-jointed porcelain dolls made by the artist: Marina Bychkova. When I saw the pictures of these dolls, I was blown away by the details and how realistic they looked. They were simply amazing!

Honestly when I see such passionate works from people, it really inspires me. Of course I'm definitely nothing near as talented in any way, but it makes me see how much hard work people are willing to put into their work, their life interests. Not only it makes me want to work harder, but it is also during these moments when I see how minimal and pathetic it is when I encounter ppl that only obsesses in material things or spends their time creating delusional drama epics ..

It reminds me that: When the world is filled with such inspirational beings, why bother with those who are so minimal and limited?

Anyway .. All the dolls are tiny enough to fit in the palm of your hands. So you can imagine the work that's put into it, not only the doll itself, but also all the details of it's clothing, accessories, tattoos etc.

Ok so here are some photos (for more you can check out the official website http://www.enchanteddoll.com/) :


(Tattooed Dolls: In all the tattoos, the porcelain is engraved with a needle while still raw, fired and then china paint is rubbed into the grooves. Accents are added in additional layers.)








luvs it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe